Michigan Economic Center at the Prima Civitas Foundation
The Michigan Economic Center (MEC) is a place for ideas and a network of state and local leaders and citizens working to:
- Advance a vision for Michigan’s economic renewal
- Provide policy ideas and solutions that realize the vision
- Engage and support a diverse network of citizens, leaders, and organizations in advancing the vision, while making ideas for a more competitive, innovative, and global Michigan a reality.
To grow and prosper, Michigan -- the Great Lakes state --must reanimate our historic leadership role as an economic innovator, creator of America’s middle class and enabler of a distinctly Michigan version of the American Dream. To do so, Michigan must once again be the globally engaged center of innovation.
We can achieve this through our leadership in the coming “Green” and “Blue” sustainable economies based on smart energy and water use, provide an “uncommon” education for the common person, and capitalize on our unique piece of real estate astride the Great Lakes. Add to that the rich history and culture embodied in our great cities like Detroit and Grand Rapids, and you have the unique assets that make Michigan an attractive place for global citizens to live, work, and develop robust businesses.
The Michigan Economic Center is a platform and network that will:
1. Work to develop and promote state and community policies and practices central to advancing our economic future.
2. Promote and facilitate the adoption of these policies and practices by Michigan citizens and leaders.
The Michigan Economic Center is an affiliate of the Prima Civitas Foundation
(PCF). PCF serves as a disruptive catalyst and experienced leader to aggregate and leverage knowledge assets essential to obtain results for a more competitive, innovative, and global Michigan. For more information on PCF, please visit www.primacivitas.org.